Commercial Claims Handler
Salary subject to experience + Company Benefits
We are working on behalf of one of the UK's leading insurance brokers with 36 offices in 33 locations across England and Wales employing over 1,200 members of staff.
They currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Claims Handler to join their team based in Bristol.
Working within a team of claims professionals the purpose of this role is to provide an expert claims service to their commercial clients and scheme members and manage all aspects of a claim to ensure a satisfactory conclusion.
We are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills gained within a claims environment that combine strong telephone and administration skills with a positive approach and a desire to achieve results.
- To act as a primary point of contact for clients and establish effective relationships with both clients and insurers offering client centric claims solutions.
- Advise clients on policy guidelines referring to claims
- Management of client expectations throughout
- Liaise with providers regarding individual claims
- Issue claims forms when required to gather the necessary evidence and guidance notes
- Ensure all conversations are recorded, files are maintained effectively and all Insurer correspondence is processed
- Ensure activity meets internal Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Build effective working relationships with clients and Account Managers/Executives to resolve issues and communicate outcomes effectively
Skills and experience:
- Previous Claims experience is essential, ideally gained within a commercial broker environment
- Customer focused with strong relationship management and account handling skills
- Professional communication skills
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of working within SLA's with the ability to meet and exceed KPI's
- Effective team player
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Cert CII qualified or working towards