Our exclusive client, a large utilities company, is looking for a Communications Lead who has the vision of turning world class analysis into insight that informs the business and the industry.
The Communications and Insight Lead will be responsible for delivering an effective communication out to the broader organisation and the industry using information and data collected from the Analytics Team.
- Work collaboratively with the Modelling team to deliver evidence based innovative thinking on gas and electricity in order to establish the company as the thought leader. Ensure that messages are communicated clearly, in a timely manner and targeted at the right audience.
- Lead and shape the debate with a broad range of stakeholders on the future of energy, influencing to move others' views towards ours.
- Engage internally and externally at a range of levels to develop the evidence base for thought pieces and communicate the resulting messages to influence readers' views.
- Work collaboratively with the EI Stakeholder and Modelling teams to deliver targeted and relevant engagement campaigns on the future of energy (eg 'thought leadership' strategy/policy notes) publishing relevant information that meets stakeholder requirements and legislative/licence/contractual obligations.
- Work collaboratively with the EI Modelling team, deliver internal (eg to media relations, senior management and the Exec team) and external (eg to DBEIS, Ofgem and ministers) briefing notes on energy sector developments.
- Work with the EI Modelling and Stakeholder teams to draft clear and consistent narrative for the Future Energy Scenarios documents
- Experience of communicating with, and influencing, internal and external stakeholders at a range of levels
- Experience across gas and electricity markets, with detailed understanding in at least one, and an understanding of policy issues facing the industry
Technical/Role Specific Competencies:
- Ability to work with a wide range of people to drive forward delivery
- Project management and planning skills to ensure a forward timetable for thought pieces and that deadlines are met whilst ensuring high quality.
- Ability to translate complex information into easily understandable messaging
- An inquisitive mind with the ability to join the dots