Head of Digital Acquisition
My client, a leading consumer services business with a huge online presence, are aggressively investing in digital and the adoption of new technology. The Head of Digital Acquisition will be at the centre of this, leading the digital acquisition team to ensure that marketing efficiencies are achieved and to develop the ongoing strategy for how they attract and convert customers online through their portfolio of brands. The Head of Digital Acquisition will be responsible for strategic leadership and management of online marketing acquisition strategy across all Paid Search, Natural Search, Display Advertising, Affiliates, Email and Social channels.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Developing and leading acquisition website builds, website maintenance and on-site optimisation, ensuring the customer journey and experience is constantly tested and improved.
- Ensuring a robust testing methodology is employed to all channels to increase leads, conversion to applications, and conversion to account across all digital channels.
- Ensuring commercial agreements with digital partners are optimised to ensure good customer outcomes as well as maximising growth within cost per account hurdles.
- Forecasting, budgeting and preparation of full Marketing Plans for delivery across each channel including, spend, KPI definition and delivery milestones
- Proactively manage all internal and external direct digital sub channels to deliver the target application, account, and cost of acquisition by product and sub channel.
- Develop new digital initiatives to achieve the company's objectives, from idea generation, through scoping, approval, test, to rollout.
- Implement a rigorous analytics and data led strategy for channel management, using tools including Hitwise, Google Analytics and DC Storm to create dashboards and reports to support the task of
The Head of Digital Acquisition will have the following experience:
- Suitable candidates will have a minimum of 7 years online acquisition marketing experience in a direct response market (eg transactional financial services, gambling, shopping, holidays) with at least 5 at a senior decision making level
- Experience in developing and implementing holistic marketing strategies from the ground up including financial evaluation
- P&L and/or budgetary responsibility for marketing spend
- A record of meeting and/or exceeding budget targets
- Entrepreneurial background of measured risk taking and/or growing businesses in competitive markets
- Applying an analytical and commercial approach to online acquisition
- Experience of using data, profitability drivers and an analytical approach to decision making
- Managing online agencies
- Leading and managing a team of marketers