SAP Retail Programme Manager - Nottinghamshire - Permanent
SAP Retail Programme Manager
Nottinghamshire - Permanent - Full Time
Lead a Business Solutions portfolio of technical projects and programmes, managing time, quality, budget or trading risks to successfully shape and deliver a range of complex and challenging programmes to deliver business value. A key part of the role will be managing conflicting priorities, dependencies and risks. A pragmatic approach to the proportionate application of project and programme management methodologies is key to being successful within this role.
- Lead programmes of projects within the Business Solutions Business Systems Programme utilising all available resources and relationships, managing dependencies, risks, plans, costs and resourcing needs across a portfolio of programmes and projects.
- Accountable for leading and managing suppliers in the delivery of services to requirements. Ensure that risks, dependencies, cost and quality requirements are met by the suppliers at all times. Identify and mitigate potential issues as early as possible minimising the business impact.
- Accountable for the consistent application of practices and standards adhering to programme governance arrangements, including project planning, budget controls, reporting, change control, analysing and pro-actively managing risks.
- Provide consultancy-style services to support the Business Stakeholders and project delivery teams at initiation and throughout the life cycle of programmes and projects, ensuring a common approach is adopted and sharing good practice linked to the project methodology.
- Support the Business in carrying out quality assurance activities and advising on solutions during the lifetime of the programme and individual projects; for example, facilitating workshops involving project teams, stakeholders and members of the programme team.
- Accountable for managing master copies of all programme and project information, generating all necessary quality management documentation, maintaining, controlling and updating programme documentation, establishing and maintaining the index to an electronic library of programme information.
- Accountable for formally managing programme and project change to standards and processes, including working with, and to, PMO standards.
- Ensure programmes and projects are effectively managed and tracked against plans. Understand, challenge and proactively manage the cost position; and act to mitigate potential cost or time delays.
- A track record of delivering application-led programmes (ideally a mix of SAP and bespoke systems) utilising project and technical resources of major 3rd parties eg Microsoft, HCL, IBM and Capgemini.
- Experience of successfully delivering a wide ranging portfolio of projects, in a large corporate environment.
- Strong commercial acumen, financially literate and comfortable controlling cost and risk
- Fully conversant with established project delivery methodologies.
- Experienced with working within programme and project stage gate processes.
- Proven track record of managing through periods of significant people, process and technology change.
- Assertive and confident with a high level of personal and professional credibility.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines.