Business Planning & Change Support Assistant (PMO Admin)
The Business Planning and Change Support Assistant is responsible for providing a range of technical and administrative services across the whole of the Business Planning & Change Team
The Business Planning and Change Team is comprised of approximately 22 employees based in Warwick. The role of the team is to embed and sustain Performance Excellence as the way we work across our UK Business, drive the Operating Plan Process and facilitate a step change in our approach to Data Management and Compliance.
The role holder is responsible for supporting the whole of the Business Planning and Change team in the provision of technical and administrative services.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ongoing development and management of the Business Planning and Change website (including the PEx website), including the delivery of training and webinars across the business around the use of the site
- Providing specialist Excel and PowerPoint support across the team, including the evaluation of data to support reporting and assurance activities within the team
- Ongoing development and management of the team SharePoint site
- Lead on the management of compliance activities within the team, including tracking and completion of mandatory E-learning, DSE assessments, recording gifts & hospitality, compliance returns and the Certificate of Assurance etc.
- Lead on the development and management of the Business Continuity Plan for the team
- Develop and manage the stakeholder management plan on behalf of the team
- Provide advice and guidance to managers, individuals and teams and support the design of bespoke activities where required
- Provide general administrative support to the Business Planning and Change Management Team including, diary management, meeting scheduling, planning and organising workshops, booking of travel and accommodation for team members and the management of purchase orders and invoices.
- The role holder will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of the wider Business Planning and Change objectives and may be called upon to provide additional administrative support where needs arise.
- The role holder needs to be able to their set their own priorities working efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Promote a positive safety culture through visible pro-active, consistent and influential behaviours
- Supporting a culture of learning, continuous improvement and performance excellence within the team
Knowledge, Experience and Technical
- Good knowledge of change and project management approaches
- Strong relationship and communication skills. Able to build relationships and networks with a wide range of stakeholders including communicating at senior levels within the organisation and with a wide variety of external stakeholders
- The ability to influence team members and other stakeholders to achieve outcomes, including stakeholders that are more senior than the role holder
- Have a high attention to detail and a strong personal commitment with the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure
- Good understanding of key project management techniques with the ability to plan, report, identify risk and issues and actively manage the associated mitigation's
- Good performance management reporting, providing the data necessary for the role holder or others to be able to make fact based decisions on the type of improvements that could be made
- Good listener. High level of tact and ability to respect confidential information
- The ability to create and deliver training materials across a number of different platforms, eg PowerPoint, online, webinar etc.
- The ability to work within a framework of processes, procedures and management systems utilising their own experience and judgement to determine the appropriate course of action
- Excellent written and oral communication, with a strong attention to detail
- Experience of process excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong Excel skills to evaluate, sort and draw conclusions from data eg: sort and filter data, create graphs, use of pivot tables etc.
- Strong PowerPoint skills are essential, particularly the ability to present things well, as some of the activities required will involve writing communications materials for use across the rest of the business.
- Good Microsoft Project Skills with the ability to create, track and manage project plans
- A good working knowledge of Word is required
- Good knowledge of SharePoint with the ability to create, manage and administer SharePoint sites
- Ability to build, edit and manage internal websites in the standard National Grid Infonet format
As an Ajilon Consultant you will receive a fixed permanent salary, bonus payment, holiday plus a number of additional benefits such as a cash health plan, where you can claim cash back on dental treatment, Optical, Complimentary Therapies such as physiotherapy and other services including health screening.