Dependant on Experience
Permanent, Full Time, On Site.
My client is looking for an Office Manager. Someone super friendly and super organised to help run the office smoothly.
We're open to applications from different levels of experience, and from any background, so long as you can win us over that you're going to make the role your own and contribute to making Reason Digital an effective, friendly place who our clients and team love to work with. It's a broad role, and we're happy for you to learn some stuff on the job, too.
The Office Manager will quickly become part of the beating heart of the agency, so it's an exciting chance to jump right into the centre of a cutting edge, socially motivated agency chock full of talented, friendly people in a bright and airy studio in Manchester's Northern Quarter.
If you geek-out about what makes happy workplaces, an organised stationary cupboard, organisational psychology, or doing a bloody good spreadsheet, then read on...
You will be part of a team that has responsibility for the successful operation of the agency which means...
- A happy, fulfilled team
- Satisfied clients
- Social impact
- Profit and growth
For you, this will entail some or all of the following activities (with appropriate support from Directors, Managers and the people that actually make things).
- Scheduling appointments and managing individual calendars where required, including diarising meetings and booking meeting rooms and resources.
- Booking meetings with clients, including travel and accommodation as necessary.
- Sorting and distributing office mail and organising outgoing mail and postage.
- Sorting and forwarding email enquiries from the public and potential customers.
- Answering phone calls, routing calls via the switchboard and welcoming visitors to the office.
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment.
- Setting up, maintaining and closing down projects records across various systems (eg Teamwork, FreeAgent, Harvest Forecast, etc).
- Supporting project managers and team leads in managing the agency schedule, and monitoring the balance of projects across the project management team.
- Recording and monitor the satisfaction levels of our customers.
- Ensuring the business meets health and safety standards and other legal requirements.
- Liaising with relevant managers and team members to organise quotes against client requests or briefs.
- Maintaining a set of project life cycle document templates.
- Using a standard set of contract and agreement templates to produce work contracts and ensure these are signed and filed for every project.
- Day to day bookkeeping - processing and paying incoming invoices, paying staff wages (with the support of our payroll accountant) and consolidating bank statements with our software (currently FreeAgent).
- Administering the company's bank accounts, including setting up direct debits, making BACS payments, etc.
- Supporting managers to record, monitor and report budgets and to bill for out of scope requests.
- Processing purchase orders from clients and creating draft invoices for project managers to send on completion of milestones. Following up with customers to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Managing petty cash, including collecting receipts and ensuring all cash is properly accounted for.
- Filing tax returns and ensuring taxes are paid on time (with the support of our accountant).
- Working with managers to control costs and identify cost savings where appropriate, including negotiating deals with suppliers.
- Ensuring staff complete required documentation (eg timesheets).
- Monitoring satisfaction levels of the staff team.
- Managing the staff recruitment, appraisal and discipline process including producing relevant paperwork.
- Recording and monitoring the attendance and performance of our staff team and processing annual leave requests.
- Ensuring the induction and onboarding process is properly carried out with new members of staff.
- Following up on attendance, performance and annual leave issues with the team in the first instance.
- Maintaining personnel records.
- Working with external HR agencies where required.
- Facilitating team socials, activities and events.
- Documenting our operational processes and keeping working records in good, complete and accurate order. This should include a dictionary/lexicon of organisation specific terminology.
- Other duties as reasonably required to ensure the effective operation of a successful digital agency.
- Help us stop the office plants dying, keep an eye on the Reason Digital beehive. Did we mention the bees?
- Your work will make a difference and improve people's lives.
- Help us deliver a diverse range of interesting projects for organisations working for social good including high profile national and international clients such as the BBC, The Trussell Trust, Virgin Group, Save the Children and others.
- Bright and airy Manchester City Centre offices with a balcony in the heart of the Northern Quarter - minutes' walk from Piccadilly Gardens and Piccadilly Station.
- Directors who are driven by creating a place where the talented people want to come and enjoy doing the best work of their lives.
- Company volunteering for the causes we work for and regular team socials.
- Occasional flexitime.
- Conference attendance and training opportunities.
- We support equal opportunities for all.
No official qualifications required but you will need to have th following skills:
- Self starter, proactive, and uses own initiative.
- A people person, with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
- A quick learner of processes and skills, with a desire to grow and develop.
- Understanding of basic business finances and financial processes (eg invoicing, purchase orders, etc).
- Thorough, logical and analytical with exceptional attention to detail.
- Good with numbers, data and systems.
- Ideally with a knowledge and enthusiasm for the web, mobile apps, and doing social good!
- Ideally experience in, or understanding of, a digital agency environment.
- A strong interest (but not necessarily experience) in projects that make a positive social impact.