ORC International is a leading global research firm focused on providing business intelligence for our clients, in the form of marketing and product research, employee engagement and customer insight. We combine advanced analytics, cutting-edge technology, skilled researchers and consultants to provide our clients the insight they need to help solve their most pressing business challenges.
Our Technology Solutions team specialises in the development of online reporting solutions in support of this research. We are currently seeking a front-end developer to drive forward data visualisation techniques to enhance these solutions.
- Work with client stakeholders and internal teams to understand reporting requirements
- Develop and customise data visualisation widgets
- Develop and implement coding standards for widget production
- Liaise with off-shore development team on widget implementation
- Coach and mentor other team members to share knowledge and experience
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Adhere to strict procedures in quality assurance
- Estimate resource time for customisations
- Ensure widget development is delivered on time and within budget
- University degree in computer science, comparable education or work experience
- Previous experience in data visualisation
- Previous customer facing experience
- Highly developed problem solving skills, tenacity, drive, proactiveness, creativity, sound planning and organisational abilities, strong improvement focus, ability to work in a fast-evolving and fast paced environment
- Excellent English language skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to learn and use online charting visualization tools such as Highcharts and D3
- Desirable - some ASP.NET / C#
Along with competitive salaries, ORC International offers a competitive benefits package which includes private medical insurance, a non-contributory pension, a season ticket loan and an annual bonus scheme of up to 7% depending on company profit. We are an accredited Investor in People and also offer cycle schemes, flexible working arrangements, time off to donate blood, childcare vouchers and loyalty awards. We actively promote health and wellbeing such as a healthy breakfast on a Monday morning and contribute to health and wellbeing costs such as gym memberships.
We look forward to receiving your application!
ORC International is committed to promoting diversity and practicing of equal opportunity.