Help us develop a sector-leading customer experience for our supporters and users
- Do you understand email marketing and its potential - inside out?
- Do you understand how to write, edit, and curate content for maximum impact on, and across, digital platforms?
- Can you translate analytics insight into real actions that make for better, higher traffic digital channels?
- Are you passionate about the potential for innovation in digitally driven healthcare?
- Do you understand the depth of insight, and opportunity, offered by robust, targeted audience segmentation?
- Are you passionate about tailoring content and implementing journeys to deliver information at the right time, to the right people?
- Are you committed to making a real difference to the quality of people's lives?
If this sounds like you and you want to take that insight, knowledge and passion into an environment where it will be used to support stopping asthma attacks and curing asthma, this is the job for you.
We are committed to developing the best possible experience for our users across all digital channels, whether they are donors, campaigners or in need of our health advice. We have the platforms, but we need your help to drive this forward and make the most of our potential.
What the role involves:
- Creating, implementing, managing and testing sector-leading email customer journeys
- Making engaging, exciting web pages offering real support to people with asthma
- Providing data-driven insight on online supporter behaviour to engage and deepen relationships with people with asthma to offer personalised life-time support
- Working with cross-organisational teams to produce impactful content for multiple, segmented audience groups
- Contributing to our new Asthma Innovation Lab, accelerating best-in-class digital healthcare
- Using test and learn to explore new territories in digital service provision, fundraising and marketing
- Empowering colleagues with digital skills
- Working with external agencies and third parties to develop our digital platforms
You will need to be:
- Proactive and able to work independently, taking the lead on projects
- Able to write engaging content across all digital channels
- Skilled in the use of analytics platforms to provide insight into existing user behaviour, using this insight to inform future plans
- Familiar with email service providers (ideally Dotmailer), content and audience segmentation, automation and multivariate testing
- Familiar with content management systems (ideally EPiServer)
- An effective communicator, comfortable presenting technical subjects to non-technical colleagues without jargon
- An excellent team player
Come and make a difference
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Although asthma affects 1 in 5 households in the UK it is, mistakenly, seen to be 'sorted'. It's not. In the UK today, every 10 seconds someone has a potentially fatal asthma attack. Every day the lives of three families are devastated by the death of a loved one to an asthma attack. Tragically, the majority of these could be prevented right now with the right basic care. Others still suffer with asthma so severe current treatments don't work. This has to change. That's why Asthma UK exists.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it's probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you have the talent and passion we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
. Date posted: 18/10/2016