Training Manager - Peterborough and surrounding areas
We are a provider of quality home care and Supported Living services in Peterborough and surrounding areas.
With approximately 90 employees, and provide orientation, induction and ongoing personal development. A large proportion of our staff have completed, or are in the process of completing formal qualifications such as Diploma, (Level 2 and 3), and other courses in discrete subjects of professional interest.
We are looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable Health and Social Care Training Manager to maintain and develop our current workforce development programme and pride ourselves on our quality, service and attention to detail.
Key responsibilities to include:
* Identify training needs within the entire staff base, including training requirements for entering into new market areas
* Develop and maintain up-to-date training and personal development plans for all staff
* Deliver appropriate training programmes in accordance with legislation and current industry best practice
* Maintain up-to-date records of all training delivered in personnel and electronic files To be responsible for recruitment, including marketing and advertising using a variety of media, and screen potential candidates
* To assist in arranging and conducting interviews with candidates, and ensuring suitability for the position offered and completing all checks as required, (references, proof of identification, address, eligibility to work in the UK and DBS/Enhanced CRB/ISA Adult First checks)
* To plan and deliver training sessions to all staff including induction, mandatory training courses and competency assessments
* To complete End of Probation assessments and Annual Appraisals for care/support staff
* To work with the Branch Manager/Service Manager to identify recruitment and training requirements
* Previous experience of working in the care sector
* Qualification in Health and Social Care level 3
* Process and procedure driven
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
* Ability to cope under pressure
The job is office based but will involve some field based competency assessments, (which could include the occasional evening or weekend, for the purposes of assessing staff).
Closing date Friday 28th October
Please click apply