Capital Accountant (Fixed Term to 31 March 2019)
37 hours per week £30,480 – £35,093 per annum Grade 5
Based in Calcot, Reading
Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) are seeking to recruit a Capital Accountant to join their Finance and Procurement Team based at their service headquarters. As the Capital Accountant you will work with senior officers, Fire Authority members and outside organisations to deliver departmental and corporate objectives and to improve service delivery to the public.
The key focus of this role is:
- The delivery of effective and efficient financial accounting services to Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, its partners and other external organisations.
- This includes the interpretation of financial regulations and procedures, as well as the provision of financial analysis, advice and guidance which enable the business to deliver its business goals.
- An ability to assess risk and consider change issues which impact the business is key, together with a proactive approach to ensuring the organisation makes best use of its resources.
- To produce financial plans and budgets and maintain, monitor and report on allocated areas of responsibility within the Service.
- To undertake balance sheet reconciliations as directed.
- To maintain the Service’s Asset Register such that accounting entries are processed promptly and in accordance with required accounting practice and lead to the production of a robust balance sheet.
Key role requirements include:
- Experience of budget management and financial year-end processes in a local authority.
- Experience of capital accounting and option appraisal techniques.
- Flexible and able to work in a small team.
Qualifications required are:
- CCAB qualified (including CPD) or equivalent
You can view the original job advertisement on hiredonline.co.uk