Linux System Administrator

4 days left

From £10,000 to £100,000 per annum Competitive salary + benefits
05 Oct 2016
27 Oct 2016
Contract Type
Linux System Administrator – Sogeti UK Location – Stevenage Accelerate your career in our world leading IT consultancy Sogeti UK is part of the Sogeti Group, which brings together more than 20,000 professionals in 15 countries and is present in over 100 locations in Europe, the US and India. Sogeti is one of the five strategic business units of Capgemini Group, recognised by analysts for our focus on transformation, our methodologies and frameworks, and our local and global delivery capability. Sogeti is recognised as a thought leader and leader in delivering testing solutions and in more recent years, diversifying our expertise by building new practices such as DevOps, Release Management and Service Design Transition. The Role We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to join our Sogeti family and work on our client sites. Our customers include some household names across a number of industry sectors, such as banking, insurance, defence, government, aerospace and media/digital. As a Linux System Administrator, we’re looking for experience of:- · Linux Infrastructure administration (Red Hat Linux/Kickstart/VM Ware Systems) · Applications Support (Installation, upgrades, trouble shooting) · Networking fundamentals - Traffic monitoring, understanding of ports. Understanding of security protocols. · System updates (Applications, Middleware and Database) · Liaison with customer for needs capture and testing · Liaison with other Information Management (IM) support groups (Data Centre Services, Networks) · Unix/linux Operating System skills are essential and most important as is basic scripting knowledge. (any flavour of linux: Redhat, Centos, AIX, Solaris etc) · Understand network security. Ports and firewalls. · Know how to put applications/files behind firewalls. Configure firewalls. Opening ports. Working out why applications/files behind firewall is not working. Working effectively to issue resolution. The ability to own an issue. · Flexibility on travel / work locations. What we can do for you We encourage continuous learning and development and you’ll have the ability to obtain further certifications through Sogeti Training. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop your skill set and domain knowledge across a range of industries including Finance, Public Sector, Professional Services, and Retail to name a few Benefits Sogeti offer an additional 5% Flexible Benefits fund that gives our employees the opportunity to elect the benefits that best suit their needs. Each consultant has the choice of: Core Annual Leave Days, dependent on grade, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days leave subject to minimum annual entitlements; Life Assurance (mandatory); Long Term Disability Insurance (mandatory); Private Medical Insurance; Dental Cover; Personal Accident Insurance; Childcare Vouchers; Healthcare Vouchers. You will also have the option to enter into a pension scheme where Sogeti UK contribute 6% and the employee contributes 4% giving a total of 10% (This can be opted out of). Our inclusive Culture Sogeti UK positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. This job was originally posted as

More jobs like this