European OEM Sales Manager Metrology, Sensors, Measurement

Mase Consulting
From £40,000 to £50,000 per annum + 40% Bonus + Car + Pension + Health
06 Oct 2016
19 Oct 2016
Contract Type
European OEM Sales Manager – Metrology, Sensors, Measurement (RP1015-TJ) Location: Based in England – Ideally located in the South East, South West, Midlands, East Anglia, North West or Yorkshire region. £40K - £50K Basic 40% Bonus Company Car 5% Pension Family Healthcare 25 Days Holiday (Rising with service) Public Holidays Benefits COMPANY My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of measurement technology and sensors for a wide range of applications. They offer an extensive range of bespoke solutions to meet the high demands of industry. They pride themselves on being the premier brand within their market and have built a strong reputation for their innovative and dynamic approach. POSITION Reporting to the Sales Director you will be responsible for:- Operating from a home office and spending two days per month at my client’s offices. Spending 15-20% of your time travelling in Europe (Scandinavia, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic) with the remaining 80% of your time focusing on the UK and Ireland. Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows. Developing “design in” solutions for OEM’s operating within the Medical, Agriculture and Construction (off highway equipment) industry. Ensuring the sales budget is achieved. Working towards a 5 year sales growth objective. Prospecting new OEM’s (75%) and developing and nurturing existing OEM relationships (25%). Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Engineering Managers, Project Engineers and Procurement. Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from your customer base. Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities. Understanding customer needs and providing bespoke solutions. Leading new development projects by becoming the liaison between my client’s technical engineering and R&D function and the client. Negotiating contracts and securing OEM business. PERSON The successful candidate will possess past experience selling bespoke “design in” sensor, instrumentation, measurement or metrology solutions to OEM’s and ideally have some exposure to operating within Europe. Other technical electromechanical solutions will be considered, if you possess experience dealing with primary OEM’s in the Medial, Agriculture or Off Highway market. A HND or Degree within a technical discipline would be highly advantageous but not essential, as would additional European languages. All candidates must possess a mix of technical and commercial skills and be comfortable liaising with engineers. A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include: Self-motivation Able to operate autonomously Competent user of Microsoft Office Excellent communication skills Willingness to travel in Europe This job was originally posted as