Sous Chef / New Restaurant / Permanent
A highly respected family owned business with over 50 years’ experience of delivering high-quality food are looking for a Sous Chef to work in a new kitchen team. The family has invested 2 million pounds in refurbishing their facility and have added a brand new restaurant seating 55, with a further expansion of 70 seats planned within the next 2 years.
You would be working under the guidance of a highly respected Head Chef in a spacious brand new kitchen with top quality, ranges, fryers and grills in a picturesque seaside venue overlooking the fishing fleet. Using you experience you would assist a Head Chef to produce high-quality meals from locally sourced produce, specifically freshly caught seafood bought directly from the fleet which is directly outside the restaurant window. There are great opportunities to progress within this role as the franchise expands.
With your help, the owners want to make the restaurant a destination for food lovers due to the locally sourced, fresh, high-quality sea food and steak menu, great venue overlooking a working fishing fleet and the outstanding customer service.
The owners are willing to consider applications from experienced Chef De Parties who would like to progress to a Sous Chef and have the skills, drive, and ambition to help build a positive reputation for the restaurant and themselves.
As the Sous Chef your duties would include:
- Working closely with the Head Chef to learn and develop.
- Putting forward ideas to the Head Chef and owners.
- Managing the kitchen and staff in the Head Chefs absence.
- Adhering to procedures to ensure the kitchen runs efficiently.
- Ensuring health, hygiene and safety policies are met at all times.
- Helping develop the kitchen assistants skills.
The ideal Sous Chef would have:
- Experience of working as a Sous Chef under the guidance of a Head Chef.
- A flair and love of producing high-quality meals from fresh produce.
- The enthusiasm and expertise to create great steak and sea food meals.
- A team mentality to work well with kitchen and front of house staff/managers.
- The ambition to progress into a Head Chef role as the business expands to other venues.
In return, you will receive a salary of between £23,000 to £28,000 dependant on experience, plus a performance related bonus and a share of tips. Everything you need to perform your duties will be provided by the company including your uniform. The Restaurant is very close to completion and is planning to open in November.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66909727