Role: Mortgage Advisor
Location: Bristol - commutable from Bath, Swindon, Cardiff, Somerset, Wiltshire and Gloucester.
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 per annum
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious Mortgage Broker or Mortgage Adviser who is looking to progress their career and work with a well-known brand offering full support in terms of clients and earnings. You will be fully CeMAP, MAQ or CF1 and CF6 qualified, or equivalent qualification/experience
- Using effective questioning skills to establish customer needs, recommend suitable mortgage products and services as part of a full advice and recommendation service delivered preferably face to face, or if needed over the phone.
- To be the customer's primary contact until the customer's file is handed to the Mortgage Administrator.
- The Mortgage & Protection Adviser will ensure that all advice is given on the basis of a full and detailed fact find which complies with its regulator's requirements and in line with company values.
- Maintain accurate and relevant customer records.
- Present appropriate recommendation in clear, concise and accurate manner both verbally and in writing. Confirm all advice in writing to the customer in the form of a Suitability Report which will be under your instruction to the Mortgage Administrator.
- Project a professional image to your customers and colleagues. Build strong customer relationships and provide an excellent customer experience, whilst adhering at all times, values and the FCA's regulations and guidance.
- Work effectively with your colleagues to ensure a high standard of customer service is delivered at all times.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of mortgage and life cover products in the market, underwriting and affordability requirements.
- During the fact find process gather sufficient information to establish the customer's needs for protection requirements, and where appropriate, referrals to in-house Advisers or third parties working to meet the customer's needs.
- To complete follow up's for those mortgages which are due to expire
- Provide regular support and training for introducers, agency staff, and to provide update on all referrals
- Using the back office system logging clear audit trails and checking daily.
- Using bespoke mortgage and protection systems that are relevant to providers
- To ensure that all mortgage applications are collated in a working order file that can be checked for compliance.
- To ensure that all paperwork meets the compliance requirements (please refer to compliance procedures).
- The Mortgage & Protection Adviser will submit files for compliance check in a timely manner, so not to hold up any applications.
- Ability to work independently and within a team when required
- To have expert knowledge of the mortgage market and be able to communicate it clearly and concisely.
- To have expert knowledge of Advised Sales including knowledge of Mortgage Compliance
- Detailed and accurate
- Good IT skills
- To have a flexible approach and work to strict timescales
- To possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Complete internal training relevant to the role and regularly pass knowledge tests.
- Maintain your professional expertise by regularly completing training that is relevant to your role and as required by the FCA and for compliance purposes.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66909971