Software Development Manager
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Salary: Up to £65,000 + benefits
An exciting and challenge opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead and manage the Application Development team at Gocompare.com. The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of IT Delivery to help shape and define the strategic direction of the Application Development team whilst maturing the Application Development function. We are already working within an Agile environment and started our journey into continuous integration and continuous delivery & DevOps, the successful candidate will help us to continue on this journey whilst mentoring, coaching and developing the team.
Responsibilities in the role include:
- Manages the definition and on-going improvement of application development processes, as well as alignment of these to QA Testing processes and overall Gocompare.com change delivery processes
- Manages the development of code for Gocompare.com's in-house developed systems ensuring quality and delivery standards are met
- Evaluates, develops and implements working approaches, methodologies and standards to drive continuous improvement across people, process and technology
- Manages the alignment of IT Development processes with the interfacing department across the business
- Full people management accountability including hiring, performance management and pay
What we are looking for:
- Substantial experience of Web-based application solution design, development and management in an online / digital / direct-to-consumer industry
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft .Net development stack
- Demonstrable experience of application development processes with deep understanding of Web-based application development lifecycle and doing so within ISO27001, PCIDSS or similar environment
- Experience of linking technical outputs to commercial realities of business operations
- Significant experience of managing stakeholders in a competitive commercial environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience of full software development lifecycle and methodologies e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & DEVOPS
- Ability to lead, manage and drive highly effective teams
Launched in November 2006, Gocompare.com is one of the most comprehensive insurance comparison services in the UK, committed to finding its customers the right product at the best price, and dedicated to saving its customers time and money. In December 2012 Gocompare.com was awarded the prestigious Investors in People (IIP) 'Gold' award. IIP is an internationally recognised and respected mark of good practice, focused on leading, managing and developing people to improve business performance.
For more information or to make an application, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66910466