Transport Planning Manager
My client is looking for an experienced Transport Planning Manager to join a busy 3PL provider within the logistics and supply chain industry. Experience of managing and monitoring transport planning teams is essential. You will have excellent transport planning skills with a sound geographical knowledge and a in depth knowledge of the transport and distribution industry.
Our client is a well known 3PL logistics operation based in Leicestershire providing a time critical service to it's clients.
As Transport Planning Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of Transport Planners as well as deputising for the Network Planning Manager. Reviewing daily and weekly plans ensuring the network resources are being optimised.
- Manage and develop the team of Transport Planners.
- Ensure plans comply with all relevant transport legislation.
- Analyse network performance identifying opportunity's for continuous improvement with a focus on maximising profits or reducing cost.
- Engagement of internal and external stakeholders, including carrier partners
- Vehicle and load planning.
You will be very organised and driven in order to achieve excellence of service within a logistics operation.
- Have worked in the Logistics distribution and Supply Chain industry
- Have 2+ years Transport planning experience
- Have experience in managing small teams (5 people+)
- Strong IT skills ideally experience of using Paragon or a similar transport management system
- Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation and drivers hours.
- Good motivational management style.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, able to draw solid conclusions from complex information.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Be commutable to Leicestershire
The role of Transport Planning Manager offers;
Salary - £28,000 - £33,000
+ Company benefits & bonus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66910026