Java Software Developer
Java Software Developer - Circa £30K - London - This global software company are looking to add to their experienced and talented team with a Java Developer. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Java GUI Developer who enjoys a challenging environment and wants to work in a team of brilliant developers working for the most recognised name in their sector.
- A minimum of 2 years commercial software development/engineering experience
- A minimum of 2 years Java experience, ideally developing desktop GUI applications
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills with a god understanding and practical experience of using design patterns
- Experience with OSGI, Spring, Hibernate
- Passion for writing clean, reusable, maintainable and flexible production code
- Outstanding communication skills, a desire to learn and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience with Java Swing or SWT programming
- Experience with Static Analysis, Sonar tools, FindBugs and PMD
- Use of unit-testing and distributed version control systems (JUnit, Git)
- Experience in developing multi-thread applications
- Experience with Maven build system and continuous Integration (CI) systems
- Knowledge of and experience using TDD
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Pearl, Bash etc) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON etc)
- Cross-platform software development (Windows and Linux)
- Develop and maintain the Java-based gPROMS Integrated Modelling Environment (gIME) desktop application. You will work over the complete software life-cycle from requirements analysis through GUI and OO design, implementation and support.
- Work with in-house and external expert users to improve the general robustness. Performance, usability and workflows of the gIME.
- Design and implement new functionality of the gIME and influence the future architecture of the gIME.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Resolve critical bug fixes quickly
- Enjoy mentoring and inspiring junior team members
- Be product minded and commercially focused, you can collaborate closely with other developers, QA, our consultant Engineers and understand client requirements.
- Be a true software craftsman, aiming at a long term testable and maintainable solutions to challenging problems.
- 26 Holidays per year
- Company pension
- Medical Insurance
- Group life insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
If you feel that you have the necessary Java experience and believe you would excel in this role, please submit your CV for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66914733