NQ Property Risk Solicitor / CILEx
On offer is an excellent opportunity to work within our clients general recoveries team. This is predominantly a claimant based role.
The successful candidate will initially commence in the General Recoveries team but will be expected to work in any of the teams within Property Risk Solutions.
• General recoveries tasks consisting of predominantly investigatory work on all fast track files with some task based work on multi track claims;
• Investigating liability on a variety of general recoveries claims, ranging from escapes of water, flooding, impact and fire damage etc.
• Handling their own case load, including negotiating quantum and settlement of damages with third parties
• Task based activities on claims for solicitors, carrying out preliminary investigations and evidence gathering as follows including ensuring the technical and expert evidence obtained by insurers loss adjusters is sufficient to prove causation;
• Obtaining witness statements; contacting relevant parties to obtain salient documents; drafting letters of claim, issuing proceedings, disclosure, instructing Counsel/experts, progressing a file through to Trial.
The candidate will:
• Exercise full compliance with the firms protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
The candidate should:
• Have a minimum of 2 years litigation experience, a degree in Law (LLB or equivalent), Cilex qualification or newly qualified
• Be interested in and preferably have a basic understanding of general contract and tort;
• Be interested in and willing to learn insurance property damage law;
• Be interested in and willing to learn the technical aspects of construction and property investigation as required for the role
• Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
• Willingness to follow a process driven system, working within set parameters.
• Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic’ approach to claims settlement.
Contact Rachel Phillips at TSR LEGAL for a confidential discussion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66911957