Every Year our teams deliver up to 150 million items through our network. Having the largest individual share of the national market and employing nearly 9,000 people in the UK there is no better time to join The People Network. So if you're interested in working for a company that sees our people as our biggest asset then TNT could be for you!
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative and forward-thinking Operations Manager to join our senior leadership team in Horncastle. Supporting the Depot Manager with the effective and efficient running of the site, you will ensure that all operational team members are focused on providing a high quality, cost effective service to our customers.
As a proven leader, you will also motivate and inspire your team through an extensive period of change and transformation whilst ensuring that service levels and performance against Depot KPI's are not compromised. Therefore, it is critical that you are self-motivated and impactful with a pragmatic, target driven approach.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that the company service levels are achieved at all times. Act quickly and positively to address and resolve customer problems.
- Manage the efficient day to day processing and delivery of freight through the effective management of depot, driver and traffic office teams.
- Ensure risk is effectively managed through compliance with all company policies including Health and Safety as well as operating within legal and regulatory requirements such as the Working Time Directive, Road Traffic Acts and vehicle safety. Take immediate and appropriate action when required.
- Control costs in line with Depot Targets. Take appropriate action to control cost where required.
- Monitor and reviews operational performance and address any issues.
- Close management of sub-contractors to ensure an effective and efficient service is provided in line with budgeted cost.
- Undertake specific projects to make a tangible contribution to the development of future plans and strategies for the Depot.
- Support the growth of the Depot by working constructively with the sales teams to bring in and operate new business in line with service levels and budgeted costs.
- Work constructively and supportively with 'internal customers' at other Depots, Hubs and Contact Centres.
- Complete annual performance review with employees and able to take action where there is persistent under performance.
- Provide regular communication and team briefings to drivers and depot staff (on all shifts) Listen to feedback to encourage the contribution of ideas and initiatives. Recognise and reward individuals for exceptional performance.
We are looking for an experienced people manager with a continuous improvement approach and the ability to instil trust and confidence through influence and credibility.
Ideally, you will have worked in a similar, fast-paced environment with proven experience of juggling multiple priorities. Flexibility and a positive approach to managing and developing a team are also key requirements of this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66915715