Sales Manager Designate
Reports to Branch Manager/Branch Manager Designate. Liaises as appropriate with other Branch, Distribution, After-sales and Head Office
To ensure the efficient contribution of the sales team to the Branch
operation while striving to achieve consistently high standards in core performance.
Core Performance Areas:
- Undertakes to achieve and exceed Branch and personal sales targets that have been previously agreed with Branch Management in line with the needs of the Business.
- Participates in the setting of sales team performance targets with Branch Managers in line with the needs of the business.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Company products and services to ensure up to date and accurate information is provided to customers at all time.
- Initiates approaches to potential customers, in line with Company policy and established work practices, in order to achieve a professional, customer focused Company image.
- Assesses customer needs and provides appropriate and accurate information allowing the customer to make an informed purchase decision.
- Identifies opportunities for closing sales and obtains purchasing commitments from customers in line with Company policy and established work practices.
- Promotes sales of upholstery protection treatments and optimises use of finance and cash transactions to minimise cost of subsidies and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Accurately completes, as required, all finance and administration documentation in line with Company policy to achieve the prompt and efficient processing of customer orders.
- Maintains contact and manages communication with customers in accordance with Company policy and established work practices to ensure the highest levels of customer service are achieved up to and beyond the delivery of customer orders.
- Proactively contributes to maintaining the appearance of an area of the store, to ensure that products are displayed in line with Company policy.
- Assists Branch Management with the receipt, checking and optimum positioning of display products and point of sale in line with Company policy.
- Supervises the sales team, including the provision of training and developing and motivating the team to optimise individual and collective work performance.
- Actively contributes to the management of Health and Safety within the branch in line with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Supervises general good house keeping within the branch to ensure the achievement of a clean and professionally presented sales environment.
- Participates in training and development in line with current role and requirements identified to satisfy the role of Sales Manager. Continuously, develops and maintains knowledge, skills and competencies to ensure satisfactory levels of work performance.
- Undertakes, as required, other duties in keeping with the general nature of the position.
- Demonstrates track record of successfully achieving and exceeding targets and objectives
- Proven organisational skills and attentive to detail
- Maintains a consistently smart and professional image
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strives to achieve consistently high levels of customer service
- Illustrates the ability to take a leading role in a team environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66912490