Capital Portfolio Manager - Perm - Kent - 40-50k
I’m currently recruiting for a Capital Portfolio Manager for a Local Authority to be responsible to the Programme and Quality Manager:
- Providing leadership, direction and successful delivery of the housing capital investment programme.
- Take responsibility for the design, specification, procurement and delivery of construction through in house resources and external contractors.
- To ensure that internal resources and external contractors are performing against financial, performance targets and provide excellent service to customers.
- Manage up to 80 staff and direct contractors’ and consultants’ staff as required.
- To lead on the development and implementation of the Council’s capital investment programme
- To develop and implement a performance management framework which ensures that each project within the investment programme achieves time, cost and quality targets.
- To manage the capital investment and revenue budgets for the service in accordance with the Council’s standing orders and financial regulations, minimising over or underspends, profiling budgets and capital and revenue works effectively.
- Maintain expert knowledge of relevant legislation, case law and best practice. Reviewing methods of working and recommending improvements resulting in more efficient use of resources and better quality outcomes
- Develop and prepare the investment strategy options, cost modelling and work programmes
- To be responsible for the effective appointment and management of external contractors involved in supporting delivery of the property and investment services
- Ensure the service meets its obligations in respect of Health & Safety legislation and best practice, including providing direction to Health & Safety Assessors, ensures design risk management processes are implemented.
- To be the division’s expert on construction issues. Provide technical advice and assistance to other sections of the directorate.
- Overall management, direction and development of staff within the team to deliver service priority setting appropriate and challenging targets and comprehensively monitoring the performance of managers and staff.
Relevant experience required
- Track record of successfully providing leadership and strategic management of significant capital contracts within a housing capital investments environment.
- Proven experience in the design, specification, ordering and delivery of construction and engineering services.
- Demonstrable experience in overseeing service quality, customer care, staff development, financial return and value for money.
- Experience of managing and developing staff, setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Professional management qualification to degree, diploma, HNC or equivalent level in property maintenance, construction or related field.
If you are interested in this role please apply online, if you require more information or to send your CV direct then please email or call.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66916345