My client is a highly successful independent business, with suppliers and customers across the world. They have built their continuing success on strong relationships, defined by maintaining a reputation for friendly professionalism, quality products and a tailor-made service, which has a direct impact on its employees by generating a dynamic, positive and enjoyable working environment.
In light of their continued growth year on year, they are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Company Accountant to assume sole responsibility for the day-to-day running of the accounts function. Reporting directly into the Finance Director, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage and maintaining the Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Nominal Ledger
- Preparing the accounts to TB
- Maintaining the General Ledger, posting accruals and prepayments and reconciling control accounts to produce first draft monthly management accounts for review by the Finance Director
- Credit control
- Bank reconciliations
Skills and experience required:
- Qualified to AAT level 4 or above
- Competent in the use of accounting packages - experience of SAP would be an advantage
- Experience of posting accruals, prepayments and managing a general ledger
- Experience of managing a Sales Ledger with a large number of individual accounts ranging from the very large to the very small.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience in a general commercial environment
- Self-starter and highly organised as you will need to be able to meet strict deadlines (essential)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66912452