Mechanical Design Engineer
Junior Mechanical Design Engineer
£23,000-£26,000 per annum + Benefits
Junior Mechanical Design Engineer required to be responsible for all mechanical design drawings and production documentation for a range of the companies exciting and unique products. The job will involve working with a small design team, to ensure both business targets and project timescales can be achieved. This is a very important role within the company and has advancement opportunities in the near future.
- Solidworks 3D software packages for product design and assembly documentation
- Ability in reading technical drawings, understanding part tolerances
- Degree or HNC/ HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Maintain and update the existing drawing library and drawing register to ensure the library stays in line with current industry standards
- Working alongside the other members of the design team to design products to meet specific customer requirements
- Production of manufacturing drawings including exploded view, assembly and sub-assembly detail drawings
- Liaise cross functionally to ensure that products are designed with consideration given to both ease of manufacture and maintenance
The right candidate will have the ability to work with a team of designers and on your own initiative. The ability to think outside the box is fundamental to success for this role as the obvious answer is not always apparent.
£23K - £26K per annum dependant on experience
To apply, please send a full and up to date CV
How to Apply
Interviews are happening locally immediately, so don't delay! For further details please contact Matthew Townend on, email or send your CV by clicking 'Apply'.
** Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position **
ATA Recruitment Ltd, the recruitment division of RTC Group PLC, has a nationwide presence represented by branches in nine locations across the UK. Typical vacancies filled would be chemical, management, maintenance, service, design, production and project roles.
With a convenient Leeds Centre location our premises provide excellent facilities for face to face interviews. For further positions please take time to browse our website: or alternatively call one of our consultants on
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66917417