Java Software Engineer - Java, C++, C#, Agile, Scrum
Our client has a requirement for an experienced Java Developer to work on site for an initial 12 month contract in Yeovil.
The successful candidate will act as a member of the Applications Development team to support the needs of the ongoing project and ensure that the delivery into the operation team is of the required quality. They will support and enhance existing applications and develop new applications in line with Business requirements
Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates are required to hold a valid SC clearance prior to starting. Candidates who do not hold current SC clearance must be willing and eligible to undergo clearance.
- Develop new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line operational support for existing and new applications within agreed service levels
- Liaise with business users to resolve issues
- Participate in the formal testing of applications
- Adhere to and uphold the change control and release control processes
- Adhere to and uphold the development standards and secure coding policy
- Provide appropriate documentation for all development work to department standards
- Deploy new applications and updates/upgrades to existing applications
- Interpreting user requirements
- Identify Root causes of incidents and resolve
- Provide relevant user education/training
Skills and Experience Required:
- Java/C++/C# development for complex desktop applications with a rich HMI,
- Good problem solving skills,
- Working in a team using the AGILE/Scrum process,
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Experience of design using UML and OO development,
- Knowledge/experience in Mission Planning domain,
- Software Test Development and Execution in an AGILE/Scrum environment,
The IT Division of Morson International has an excellent track record in the supply of IT skills across the full IT lifecycle. We have consistently supplied quality IT recruitment solutions whilst developing mutually beneficial, long term client relationships
For further information on the company and the role, please apply now by sending an up to date copy of your CV and contact details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66911710