Gravitas is delighted to be working with an established business that requires a Finance Manager to join their business on a permanent basis at their office in rural Somerset.
We are seeking an experienced finance professional with a commercial approach and a credible track record to join a friendly busy office. This is a hands on position where the Finance Manager will be responsible for providing timely bookkeeping and insightful financial reporting for the senior management team.
Duties will include:
- Maintaining the purchase and sales ledgers using Sage Line 50, undertaking payment runs, resolving invoice queries and discrepancies.
- Monitoring customer credit, credit checking and undertaking credit control as needed.
- Bank reconciliations and credit card account reconciliations.
- Weekly and monthly cashflow reporting and forecasts for senior management.
- Preparing management accounts, profit and loss and balance sheet, including analysis and commentary.
- Prepayments and accruals, month-end journals and depreciations of fixed assets.
- VAT returns.
- Multi-currency accounting.
- Liaising with the external accountants.
- Providing administrative support to the sales and services functions, including liaising with customers regarding servicing and delivery.
- Inputting sales orders and raising sales invoices.
- Monitoring manufacturing production timescales and producing month end production reports.
- Administrative and accounting ad hoc duties as required.
This role will suit an experienced Finance Manager seeking a varied hands-on role with the opportunity to genuinely add value through providing accurate and timely bookkeeping and insightful financial reporting as well as sales administrative support to the business.
Recent use of Excel (including pivot tables and look ups) is essential along with first class communication skills and an approachable personality. You will be organised with effective time management skills and ability to multi-task. Experience of Sage Line 50 is preferable.
AAT qualification or equivalent is desired; applications from individuals ‘qualified by experience’ are also welcome. Experience of working in a manufacturing SME would be advantageous.
This company is offering a competitive salary of £25,000 - £30,000pa plus benefits including holiday, pension and free parking. This employer provides a supportive and friendly working environment.
Hours – Full time, Monday – Friday.
This role is commutable from Ilchester, Langport, Street, Glastonbury and surrounding areas. Please note due to location you will need to have your own transport.
This is an urgent requirement and applications will be reviewed promptly.
Gravitas Recruitment (SW) Ltd provides services as an Agency and an Employment Business. Gravitas Recruitment (SW) Ltd is an independent recruitment company specialising in accountancy and office support recruitment at all levels across the South West. For a confidential discussion about your next career move please get in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66918693