Location: Kent (Covering the South East)
Salary: £28,000 Basic + paid time & half overtime + double pay call out (min 4 hours) + Company vehicle.
On average our Engineers earn £10k to £15k on top of their basic salary.
A great opportunity has arisen for a qualified Electrical/Electronic Engineer to join a family run business and become an important member of our close team of engineers.
They are a group of engineers who undertake breakdowns and repairs for the print finishing industry plus looking to expand into other manufacturing areas together with refurbishments and new system designs.
This role would suit an individual looking for variety, great job satisfaction and the exciting opportunity to be part of and benefit from an expanding small business. The individual would need to have the ability to work on own initiative, very customer focused and enthusiasm to drive the company forward.
As an Electrical/Electronic Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Attend site and repair machinery breakdowns
- Plan organise and see job to completion
- Communicate professionally with the customers at all levels
- Perform planned maintenance
- Carry out electrical maintenance work
- Maintain records timesheets, return calls etc
- Overhaul machinery
- To stay with breakdown until resolved which may include going into overtime
- Attend call outs (night and day) shared with engineers possibly 2 or 3 per month
To be considered for their Electrical/Electronic Engineer role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- To demonstrate a thorough knowledge and experience of electrical / electronic circuits (to component level) and systems and to be able to use that knowledge to fault find and repair complex machinery
- Show experience and qualification to work on electrical supply networks and system - HNC / ONC / apprenticeship plus experience in industry. Would also consider workplace time served engineer.
- You must have practical experience in maintaining and repairing industrial machinery.
- You must have experience of working with three phase supply.
- To show understanding of PLC's, drives and inverters and to be able to undertake their replacement, repair and substitution including parameters settings etc
- To be able to work under pressure in a high speed, delivery date driven production environment.
- To be able to undertake lesser mechanical breakdowns and repairs as required.
- Show ability to plan, organise and see job to completion.
- Clean and tidy working practice
- Order spares, revisit works to review action
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a team player and willing to help at all times
- Right first time attitude
- Clean driving license
The below two points are not essential but would be an advantage to your application:
- Knowledge of programming, designing new control systems
- Motivated organisation and selling skills to help grow the business in the future.
- Call out time is paid double time and you will be paid for a minimum of four hours.
- Any overtime including travel is paid at time & half.
- Discretional bonus can be paid.
- Company van and fuel
- A great friendly working atmosphere where everybody is as important as each other.
If you have the skills for their Electrical/Electronic Engineer position, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66897911