A leading High Precision Manufacturer based in Nottingham are now looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team. The role has excellent potential for progression
Reporting - Research, Development and QS Manager
- Maintain the Quality Management System whilst developing a culture of continuous improvement within all areas of the business.
- Drive through the implementation of a new SPC system, ensuring that it`s effective in controlling process flows.
- Carry out detailed FMEA`s of current processes
- Set up and manage continuous improvement groups
- Manage and carry out audits
- Assist in the re-certification to the new ISO9001: 2015 standard
- Ad-hoc training and monitoring/reporting duties as required.
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant Internal Auditing, and possibly ISO9001 certification
- Three years of working in an engineering/manufacturing industry with involvement in FMEA`s and working to ISO standards.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Produce reports and communicate with/train employees at all levels of the business as well as external customers/suppliers.
- Good organisational skills to ensure that audits and meetings are planned and carried out to set schedules.
- Previous software programming knowledge/experience would be useful for the implementation of the new SPC system.
- The role will involve visiting customers and suppliers on occasions so there will be a requirement for some flexibility of hours as well as a full driving licence.
- Enthusiastic and Positive can do attitude.
- The ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
Salary: £30 -£40k (depending on experience)
*A good remuneration package that includes Profit Related Pay, childcare vouchers, life assurance and a cost effective contributory pension scheme.*
If you would like any further details relating to this role then please contact Ron at Davinci for an informal discussion. The services advertised by Davinci are those of an employment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66908627