We are currently seeking an experienced IT Infrastructure Engineer to join our existing team and to provide technical infrastructure support in the delivery of all BAU and project activities to ensure the effective management and performance of our infrastructure systems.
Working for the IT Department
The IT Department provides a vital service to clients and employees through the provision of leading edge business solutions. The business prides itself on its systems being a unique selling point for potential new clients. Our web sites are our shop window, clearly demonstrating what we do and how we lead the way in modern credit solutions.
The in-house team support over 300 predominantly virtualised servers, 800 Users and a comprehensive Avaya telephony platform with security being at the heart of everything. From this robust platform the team design, develop and support in-house applications and bespoke and packaged solutions provided to our clients externally.
What we are looking for
Working as part of an experienced team of IT professionals, the Infrastructure Engineer will have experience of working within a large, complex commercial environment and have hands on knowledge of the following areas;
This is a great opportunity to join to work within an enterprise environment, delivering the latest technical projects across the business, including
- Implementation and deployment of new technologies
- Microsoft IIS
- EMC Storage technologies
- VMWare Orchestration
- MS Exchange
- Data Centre Renewal
- Windows 2003 Server retirement
We are keen to receive applications from those professionals that have proficiency in the following technologies;
- Window Server 2008/2012 R2
- VMWare - working within a predominantly virtualised Data Centre
- Experience designing and implementing new projects and technologies within a large enterprise environment of 300 servers plus
- Experience of HP / Dell Server hardware, EMC Storage and VMWare is desirable
- Knowledge of SQL Server is also desirable
- Experience of PowerShell scripting is highly desirable
- Experience of working within a regulated environment is not essential is desirable
- Experience working within a Cisco networked environment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66915170