You will be joining a team of 4 on the procurement division, purchasing mainly direct materials for the manufacturing process along with some indirect materials for the business. You will be responsible for negotiating best price for materials and services, whilst sourcing alternative suppliers. Along with managing stakeholders at all levels, ensuring all departments buy in to the procurement strategy.
- Sourcing new suppliers, along with developing relationships with the current supply chain
- Carrying out tenders for materials and services, managing the RFQ process
- Selecting appropriate suppliers taking all factors in account such as price, lead time and quality
- Negotiate best terms and prices for products
- Manage supplier performance, setting KPI's and monitoring monthly performance
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure buy in to procurement strategy
- Reduce supplier base, without affecting production
- Develop procurement strategy, helping to implement this throughout the business
- Proven buying experience, within an engineering / manufacturing environment
- Medium / High Volume Manufacturing, ideally within electronics or automotive industries
- Experience managing tenders
- Experience drafting contracts
- MCIPS (Desirable not essential)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation, who can provide real career progression and training. If you have the relevant experience and would like to be considered for the role, submit your CV now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/66916257