Commercial vehicle mechanic
Advising on high-quality, cost-effective mechanical & bodywork repairs
Huddersfield c£25,000 plus benefits
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with significant experience in a vehicle or motor mechanic role to use their technical knowledge in a completely different working environment and to make a big impact on our business.
FMG co-ordinates the response to over 300,000 vehicle incidents per year and is the partner of choice for
most of the largest car & commercial vehicle fleets operating in the UK today. Based in prestigious offices in
Huddersfield, we organise repairs through a nationwide network of independent, quality-accredited specialist body shops and vehicle repairers.
We are now looking to strengthen our operations team with an experienced commercial vehicle mechanic with the skills and knowledge to:
- Accurately assess repair requests and repair authorities
- Oversee and advise on appropriate repair methods
- Communicate with our repair network to agree solutions, including main dealers and non-franchise.
- Scrutinise activity in order to minimise overall repair costs on behalf of our customers.
With a mechanical or technical shop-floor or vehicle service management background, you must have:
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle repair and maintenance
- A good practical understanding of mechanical and bodywork
- The ability to communicate effectively with our repair partners
- Knowledge of Epyx 1Link
As the UK’s leading provider of vehicle-related incident management, roadside recovery and repair services FMG is a Sunday Times Top100 employer with around 350 people in our operations centre in Huddersfield.
If you are interested in progressing your career in a growing and successful business, please send your details to our HR Advisor Matthew Lees by clicking onto the Apply Now button.