5 ways remote freelancers can add more to your business
Starting a business can be both exciting and daunting. It may feel like you are never going to get to the bottom of your to do list...ever. For established businesses, it can still feel like there aren’t enough hours in the day and and each job requires a certain level of expertise which you might not necessarily have.
So it’s inevitable you will need help at some point. By hiring a freelancer, whether you’re a start-up or an existing company, this can really make a positive difference.
Our top 5 ways freelancers can add to your business:
1. No added overheads. This is definitely something to think about if you are running or starting a small business. You’re unlikely to be in a position to hire a full-time or permanent staff, so using freelancers as and when you need them is the great alternative option.
Even experienced freelancers will cost you less than a full-time employee. For example, the cost of hiring a sales expert to generate new leads for one day per week, is relatively inexpensive in comparison to taking on a full-time salesperson and could make a big difference to your success.
2. Experts in their field. Working on a wide range of projects for all kinds of businesses, freelancers perfect their skills over time and develop a good understanding of what works in different industries.
Wouldn’t it be great to have all that expertise and knowledge at your fingertips whenever you need it! Perhaps you know you could reach more customers through social media but don’t know how or have the time to learn. A freelance social media marketer can take care of this for you, with the right skills and experience to drive business your way. Or maybe photography isn't your forte, a freelancer could capture the moments your business needs.
3. On demand - it’s there when you need it. There are bound to be certain parts of your business that leave you wondering if you can really do this yourself. Take employment law – no simple feat. Whether you’re hiring staff or struggling with staffing issues,knowing the contracts, policies and procedures is essential. But how many small businesses can really afford their own permanent HR consultant?
Surely it’s more realistic to bring in a freelancer just when you need one? Flexibility is one of the major benefits of using freelancers, you can use their services depending on need and budget. In those first months and even years, this can be a big help.
4. Less admin to think about. With permanent staff comes plenty of admin tasks to sort including sick pay, holiday cover and National Insurance. Not to mention the new auto-enrolment scheme which says all companies with at least one member of staff are legally obliged to provide a workplace pension scheme.
Outsourcing takes these issues away. With freelancers it is much simpler - they work, they invoice, you pay. Those responsibility lie with the freelancer, the job gets done and there are no complications.
5. Boost your productivity. Being able to focus on one particular project and being paid by the hour or the day can often mean that the work produced is of a better quality. Freelancers are used to working flexibly so completing work with quick turnarounds is second nature to them and they generally have an enthusiastic approach to what they are doing because it’s their chosen skill that they excel in.
When you’re looking for someone to complete a web research project quickly or produce content for your website, newsletter or blog this can make all the difference. A new, fresh and creative touch will appeal to your customers.
It’s easy to see the benefits of using freelancers so now it’s just a question of finding and building a “talent pool” of skilled, experienced and professional workers. Jobstoday Freelance has a bank of freelancers to cover every business need..
Once you’ve posted your project you’ll be sent applications and will be just a click away from finding the right person for you and your business. Why not get started and post a project today!