About the course
- Dementia: Causes and Treatment
- Dementia: The Physical and Psychological Problems
- This BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
This course provides an overview of the main issues relating to dementia that are relative to individuals who either help support people with dementia or who live with dementia sufferers in the family setting. It has relevance to both paid and unpaid carers who support people with this condition.Course Description
The key focus of the course is to raise awareness in order to create a greater understanding of the issues and problems related to dementia and dementia sufferers.
The course consists of two modules:
- In the first module: the causes and symptoms of dementia are explored, followed by a focus on the range of treatments currently available for people with dementia.
- The second module: explores the main problems, both physical and psychological, faced by dementia sufferers.
The content of this course relates to the Skills For Care Knowledge Set for Dementia and studying these modules will enable students to understand the:
- Main causes of dementia
- Symptoms and manifestations of the condition
- Range of available treatments and approaches (both pharmacological and non- pharmacological)
- Main problems faced by dementia sufferers, which may be physical, psychological or emotional.
This course is designed to raise awareness of the key issues of this very debilitating condition.Course Objectives
- Define dementia and explain the causes and symptoms
- Explain the range of treatments and approaches available for people with dementia
- Explain the main physical problems faced by people with dementia
- Explain the main psychological problems faced by people with dementia