About the course
- Dementia: Causes and Treatment
- Dementia: The Physical and Psychological Problems
This online course, that is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, is designed to raise awareness and create a greater understanding of the issues and problems related to dementia and dementia sufferers.
The course consists of two modules:
The content of this course relates to the Skills For Care Knowledge Set for Dementia and studying these modules will enable students to understand the:
This course is designed to raise awareness of the key issues of this very debilitating condition.
- In the first module: the causes and symptoms of dementia are explored, followed by a focus on the range of treatments currently available for people with dementia.
- The second module: explores the main problems, both physical and psychological, faced by dementia sufferers.
- Main causes of dementia
- Symptoms and manifestations of the condition
- Range of available treatments and approaches (both pharmacological and non- pharmacological)
- Main problems faced by dementia sufferers, which may be physical, psychological or emotional.
- Define dementia and explain the causes and symptoms
- Explain the range of treatments and approaches available for people with dementia
- Explain the main physical problems faced by people with dementia
- Explain the main psychological problems faced by people with dementia