About the course
- Understanding Nutrition And Hydration
- Supporting People With Nutrition And Hydration
- Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).Evidence of achievement
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by Training Qualifications UK.This endorsed BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
This online course, that is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, is designed specifically for individuals who are assisting in the management of nutrition for individuals within a care setting, including:
- care workers
- senior care workers
- managers of care homes
- health and social care support workers
- domiciliary care workers
- anyone involved in supporting the nutrition of others
- those working in the paid and voluntary sectors.
Some questions that many of us often ponder include:
- Are we what we eat?
- Are there links between food, health and well-being?
- Is eating a well balanced diet important?
The answer to all of these questions is 'of course'!
Like a finely-tuned racing car, the body needs the right fuel (food) and regular maintenance (exercise, lifestyle and mental attitude) to achieve its true health potential. Nothing is more important than healthy eating. Put the wrong fuel in an engine or let it go without regular use and there's no way it can deliver its full power and performance.
Understanding human nutrition ensures a knowledge and understanding about the:
This online course, that is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, is designed for all those who work in a caring environment and who wish to achieve an understanding of the principles of good nutrition and healthy living, or to enhance an existing knowledge. It will be of interest to carers who wish to know more about diet and nutrition.
This course focuses on many of these issues and provides an in-depth examination of issues related to nutrition and digestion, maintaining a well-balanced diet, the dietary needs of individuals and how to support people whilst maintaining dignity with eating and drinking. It also explores malnutrition in the elderly and the calculation and management of malnutrition, using the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’ (‘MUST’).
This comprehensive course covers the key areas of, the:
This comprehensive and detailed course is designed to greatly extend the knowledge base of those working with and supporting people in a care environment to ensure their dietary intake is appropriate and sufficient t maintain health and well-being. Through a detailed exploration of the issues, we hope to help drive up the standards of nutrition care and support for those at greatest risk of malnutrition.
BYTSYZ encourages the participation of line managers in the learning process.
- components of healthy and balanced human diet
- types and sources of key nutrients
- way food is processed in the body
- range and purpose of adapted diets
- nutritional needs of older adults
- principles of food safety
- ways in which people can be supported with nutrition and hydration.
- Explain the importance and source of nutrition and fluids
- Discus the physiological process of digestion, food absorption and energy production
- Explain the constituents and importance of a balanced diet and how we measure nutritional state and identify the signs of malnutrition
- Identify a range of specific diets and explain their importance and use
- Explain how nutritional needs are different for older adults
- Discuss the main principles of food safety
- Know how to support people with nutrition and hydration