About the course
- Principles of Moving and Handling
- Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).Evidence of achievement
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by Training Qualifications UK.This endorsed BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
Anyone in the world of work who is required to have a basic understanding of their responsibility in relation safe manual handling and lifting, as well as some understanding of law, organisational policies and risk assessment.Course Description
This online course, that is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, will enable students to understand the key health and safety issues that can arise from unsafe manual lifting and handling. This course can help businesses by:
- Minimising risk of litigation by reducing manual handling related accidents
- Keeping staff safe and healthy, which will increase there levels of job satisfaction
- Increasing productivity by reducing staff downtime
- Reducing staff sickness and absence caused by accident-related conditions.
The most common cause of 'accidental' injury at work is poor manual handling. One in three accidents are as a direct result of poor manual handling. Every year 300,000 people are forced to endure the agony of back pain as a result of a manual-handling incident.
This course will look at the principles that should be adopted in order to ensure safe manual handling and lifting. The course will focus on the key areas of:
1. Key Legislation, the:
- Manual Handling Operations (MHO) Regulations (1992)
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HASAWA)
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (MHSWR)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
2. Hazards relating to moving and handling:
- Individual's capability
3. Functions of the spine and related injury:
- Parts of the spine
- Spinal cord
- Common injuries.
4. Safe moving and handling techniques:
5. Risk assessment relating to moving and handling
6. Guidelines for safe manual lifting and handling
7. Lifting equipment
Completing this course will not make the individual competent to undertake manual handling and moving tasks.Course Objectives
- Know the legislation and theory relating to safe moving and handling
- Identify the principles for safe practice when moving and handling