About the course
- Understanding Risk Assessment
- Carrying Out Risk Assessment
- Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).Average study time
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
5 hours 15 minutesEvidence of achievement
(this time does not in anyway suggest that you personally will complete the course in this time. Some individuals study faster then others so the study time differs from individual to individual.)
BYTSYZ e-Learning Certificate of achievement and student transcript.This BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
This course is suitable for anyone in a care organisation that:
- Needs to read and understand risk assessments
- Will assist with risk assessments
- Will undertake risk assessments.
The course will appeal to individuals from any occupational background, who have a role to play in risk assessment, including:
- Care staff
- Senior care staff
- Care Managers
- Team supervisors
- Team managers
- First line managers
- Middle managers
- Aspiring managers
- Clerical staff
- Ancillary staff
Any organisation that employs five or more staff must undertake and complete risk assessments. In the care environment, risk assessments are particularly important due to the vulnerability of those receiving care.
The course is designed to build and broaden the skills and knowledge related to risk assessment including practical techniques and related theory and legislation.
The course provides a comprehensive overview of risk assessment:
Focussing specifically on:
- The concepts and legality of 'Safety', 'Hazard',' Risk' and 'Accident'
- The process and stages of effective Risk Assessments
- How to conduct risk assessments and make judgements on risk control measures
- The identification of a range of risk assessment related issues.
This course will take you through the purpose of risk assessment, the benefits it can bring and provides practical case studies to support the theory. The course provides a practical approach to risk assessment, enabling a person to conduct a risk assessment once familiarised with local requirements such as documentation and policy.
To further embed this new and often complex learning BYTSYZ has included a number of related exercises to encourage:
- Liaison with managers and senior carers to engage with issues at the local level
- The contextualisation of learning
- Consolidation of learning
- Explain the concepts and legality of Safety, Hazard, Risk and Accident
- Describe the process and stages of effective Risk Assessments
- Be able to conduct risk assessments and make judgements on risk control measures
- Identify a range of risk assessment related issues
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online||Book now|