About the course
- Causes and Types of Substance Misuse
- Signs and Effects of Substance Misuse
- Treatment, Rehabilitation and Legal Issues
- Training and Assessment method
e-Learning, Online (exclusively over the Internet).Evidence of achievement
Multiple choice questions (instant results).
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by Training Qualifications UK.This endorsed BYTSYZ online course is suitable for
Anyone (e.g. teachers; carers; youth workers; police officers; prison staff) who may come into contact with individuals who: have the potential to misuse substances, are misusing substances or have misused substances.Course Description
This online course, that is endorsed by Training Qualifications UK, will enable students to develop an awareness of the key issues relating to substance misuse and how individuals may be treated, supported and rehabilitated to prevent further recurrence.
During their study the student will gain an understanding of the types and causes of substance misuse plus the signs and effects of substance misuse on the individual. There will be an exploration of the treatment of substance misuse with a particular emphasis on rehabilitation.
The student will examination some of the legal issues relating to the misuse of substances.
The course should encourage the student to take personal action to develop and enhance their awareness of substance misuse.
BYTSYZ encourages the participation of line managers in the learning process.
- Explain the major social, personal and medical factors that can lead to substance misuse
- Discus the patterns of misuse that often occur, the types of dependence that substance misuse can lead to and the stages of substance misuse that lead to addiction
- Describe the range of substances commonly misused and their effects
- Explain the physical, behavioural and psychological signs of substance misuse
- Describe the effects of substance misuse on health
- Explains the principles behind the range of treatments used with individuals who misuse substances
- Identify the range of treatments, the purpose of rehabilitation and tips for helping individuals remain drug-free
- Explain the main legislation relating to substance misuse including the National Harm Reduction Strategy