This is a distance learning course, meaning that all of your studies will take place through an online course that you can access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at times to suit your busy life. This makes it ideal if you are already in work or have family commitments that would make travelling difficult.
The course will teach you how to develop your customer service skills and improve your telephone/switchboard management. Crucially, our professional support team will also guide you through the steps you need to take to make your CV, cover letters and personal statements stand out and improve your chances of being granted an interview when you apply for a new role. We will also help to improve your confidence by teaching you effective job interview techniques.
The course is delivered through professionally-narrated tutorials that provide you with step-by-step guides on how to develop your Receptionist skills; all of the materials you will need are provided online and can be accessed at any time during your course.
As a Receptionist, you may work in any number of different industries during your career, and this course will provide you with the generic skills that you will need to be effective in any type of Reception work environment.
Your tutorials will be accompanied by a series of interactive tests and quizzes to test your knowledge and understanding, and our support team is available should you have any queries.
- Course Materials Receptionist Training
- Professional Receptionist Training Course Objectives
- The 90: 90 Principle to create a powerful first impression
- Hot Telephone Tips
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
During the course you will learn:
– How to welcome guests, visitors or clients; – What your role as Receptionist entails; – How to create a powerful first impression; – How to identify the needs of your customer; – Active listening skills; – How to deal with difficult or challenging situations.
You will take an online, multiple-choice test at the end of your course. This will be marked automatically and you will be provided with your result immediately. Passing the course grants you a Certificate in Receptionist Training.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
– Would like to get a job as a Receptionist; – Are a new or temporary Receptionist looking to secure better or more secure employment by learning or developing best practice skills; – Have experience as a Receptionist and want to further develop your existing skills.
You must be aged 17 years or older to enrol, but you do not need any qualifications or previous experience to undertake the course. You do need basic English Language and Literacy skills.
It is ideal for anyone wishing to work as a Receptionist, or who wants to progress to a career as a Personal Assistant, Administrative Assistant or to specialise in sale or marketing.