Teaching a subject that you are passionate about is a great way to position yourself as an expert, make an enduring impact on people's lives, and solidify your own understanding of a certain subject area. This course will introduce you to the art and science of teaching in a way that engages your whole audience and gives you the foundations on which to build a successful career in this area.
In this course you will:
- Determine the subject area that want to teach
- Identify your natural teaching skills and ones that you can improve
- Review the science of learning
- Identify the different learning styles and how to implement them effectively
- Identify the keys of curriculum design
- Identify assessment types
- Develop clear learning objectives
- Choose learning activities
- Determine the materials and tools you will need to begin teaching your courses
- Identify the steps you need to take to start a teaching business
Subject areas studied are divided into 6 modules. The course starts with guidance on how to choose the subject you wish to teach where you will learn the essential skills for effective teaching and how to improve any skills that you may be lacking.
Moving onto the science of learning, the course explains the science behind knowledge and the variation on learning styles and its effect on teaching. The design of learning experiences and curriculum is the next area that is covered in order to enable you to create your own tailored teaching lessons.
The course finishes with detailing elements you should include in your lesson plans and provide example learning activities to use in your courses, as well as tools and materials that you may need, as well as a guide to successful classroom management.
The final module will instruct you how to pull all of the above elements together into one package so you are able to sell your venture, including materials and a checklist to help you set up your business as soon as possible.