About the course
These courses develop the knowledge of the roles and responsibilities required in management by focusing on specific skills areas, are designed for middle managers and aspiring senior managers who want to develop key skills in leadership and management.
3 to 6 months blended learning
Why come to City College?
- Class sizes of between 5-15 students, our tutors spend more time with our students
- Support given if required such as 1-2-1 tutoring, extra classes
- Employability Skills delivered to all students, possibility of work placements, CV writing, interview preperation
- Choice to complete either functional skills or GCSE’s alongside your qualification
- Friendly environment, no tolerance to bullying policy
Award/Certificate in Management & Leadership Level 4
Level 3 qualifications or Level 2 qualifications (GCSE Standard) or equivalent desirable but isn’t essential
Acceptance subject to Initial Assessment and validation of prior achievement
You must have a keen and enthusiastic attitude to work and learn.
You will be required to complete the college’s initial assessments in Maths and English
To successfully complete the full qualification it is necessary for you to achieve 90% attendance.
Assessment & Achievements
A variety of methods will be used, which may include tests, and building a portfolio of coursework. All elements must be successfully achieved in order to gain full certification.The portfolio is supported by a number of tests, which are set and marked by the Awarding Body.
Learners must achieve an attendance record of 85% over the duration of the course. Learners who miss any of their normal timetabled sessions will be expected to attend additional sessions (which may be with a different Tutor), to make up for lost learning hours. Learners who do not meet the attendance requirements will not be allowed to complete final assessment which leads to certification.
City College Nottingham, Carlton Rd, Nottingham, NG3 2NR