About the course
This qualification focuses on practical skills and understanding of plumbing. This ensures that when the learner completes the qualification they will have gained practical experience and expectation of some of the situations that they could face in a job role within the plumbing sector.
The qualification content includes a range of subjects including: the installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques of domestic cold water systems, domestic hot water systems and domestic central heating systems
Mandatory units include:
- Understand how to organise resources within BSE
- Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic sanitation system installation, commissioning, service and maintenance techniques
- Understand core gas safety principles for natural gas within domestic building services engineering
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
Applicants for this program of study must be able to demonstrate that they are operating at levels equal to, or above, grade C GCSE in both Mathematics and English Language. All candidates will be subject to interview and assessment of their academic ability in Maths and English, and will be expected to be keen and committed to pursue a career in Plumbing. To successfully complete the full qualification it is necessary for you to achieve 90% attendance.
**The Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating and/or Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating must be successfully achieved prior to commencing the Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
38 Weeks, 12hrs/week
Cost & Payment Terms
All students pay a non-refundable Administration Fee of £10.00 regardless of status. The course fee is £2,900.00, plus administration fee. Equipment and materials are provided free of charge, however, should you wish to pursue your learning in more depth, you may be advised to purchase one or more text books from a recommended reading list.
Tuition is free* for learners aged 16-18, and for adults who are in receipt of eligible means tested benefits, provided that satisfactory documentary evidence is provided from the Job Centre, dated within one month of enrolment, except for a £10 *administration charge. If you are looking to enrol on Level 2 qualification and you possess less than 5 GCSE’s (grades A-C), and no other full Level 2 qualification, you may be entitled to full fee remission. For those not eligible for free tuition (details available upon request), our fees are very competitive and we offer a flexible instalment plan to enable you to make payments over the duration of your course.
*Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above are desirable
Assessment & Achievement
You will be required to complete a number of formal practical assessments, knowledge tests, an on-line computer based multiple choice test, and compile a portfolio of work as you go along. Assessment is continuous throughout the duration of the course. All elements must be passed in order to gain full certification.
- Level 4 Diploma any college course
- Employment to gain NVQ part of the qualification
- Starting up of a business