About the course
The ITIL® Intermediate Service Operation certification demonstrates a full working knowledge of ITIL® Service Operation principles and processes, along with how they fit into the wider ITIL® framework to fulfil business needs.
- The factors that explain why systems and services are delivered in the way that they are and the value they provide to the business.
- The way by which IT services are organised and delivered, such as event management and using incident management to restore services quickly.
- Monitoring and control of IT operations to deliver the required services and to deliver corrective action when required.
- Management of the technology infrastructure in such a way that IT becomes an asset for service delivery.
- Implementing a service desk and supporting structures to capture incidents and institute the remedial actions required.
- Identifying the challenges and critical success factors and creating plans that ensure they are all addressed per ITIL standards.
- Multiple Choice
- 8 questions
- 40 marks available
- 28 marks required to pass (70%)
- Closed book
- 90 minutes’ duration
The ITIL SOA qualification has a duration of 6 hours, however we give you 12 month’s access to the course content meaning you can complete it at your own pace.