About the course
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course will give students the fundamental knowledge needed to use the principles of Lean Six Sigma to run processes more efficiently and improve the quality of the output by identifying and removing causes of defects.
• The Define phase during which projects are selected and wasteful elements are identified and action items are defined.
• The Measure phase is used to catalogue and analyse existing processes to define an operational baseline that can be used to calculate potential capability of each.
• The Analyse phase uses statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to model how processes may be improved and the potential value of each.
• The Improve phase helps students to identify the changes that will deliver the greatest business benefits before putting those plans into action.
• The Control phase then helps to monitor each change that is made and record any deviations from the predicted benefits, then how to action on the results.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt will lead to roles such in areas such as process improvement, quality assurance and business analysis.