About the course
About the ICB
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is the largest bookkeeping institute in the world. It promotes and maintains the standards of bookkeeping as a profession through relevant qualifications, awarding grades of membership that recognise academic and working achievement.
The ICB’s role as a bookkeeping membership body means they provide ongoing support to members to ensure their bookkeepers are up to date with bookkeeping legislation, obligations and are trusted to provide the highest quality of bookkeeping service to businesses.
Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- Underpinning Knowledge
- Business Documents
- Ledger Accounts and Division of the Ledger
- Books of Prime Entry
- Accounting for VAT
- Making and Receiving Payments
- Trial Balance
- Using a Computerised Accounts Package
Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts
- Underpinning Knowledge
- Reconciliation of Accounts and Correction of Errors
- VAT Returns
- Calculate and Post Adjustments to the Ledger
- Final Accounts of Non-Incorporated Businesses
We provide you with tutor support throughout your 12-month course access period. Your tutor will be available to you 24/7 and can provide guidance through the course and professional advice to help you through any potential issue you may come across. Your designated tutor will also mark your mock examinations for you and help to book your exam when you both come to an agreement that you’re ready. The tutor support is provided so we can ensure you have the best chance of passing your examinations maintaining our pass rates which currently stand as one of the highest in the UK.
ICB Membership Benefits
At e-Careers, we want to give you the best experience for the money you spend. If you purchase this package we will pay your first year of student membership to the ICB for free. Meaning you get to experience amazing benefits, including:
Distinguish yourself with globally recognised ICB bookkeeping membership and designatory letters after your name.
Extend your professional network at the annual Bookkeepers Summit, ICB Branch meetings and online forums.
News and Insight
Get professional and legislative bookkeeping updates at ICB and in the regular e-newsletter InVoice.
Access exclusive areas of the ICB website for technical helpsheets and document templates.
Speak to specialist bookkeeping advisors about bookkeeping, tax, AML, law, payroll and much more.
Expand your knowledge and skills as a bookkeeper with the ICB Continuing Professional Development programme.
Access online resources for career advice and view bookkeeping jobs through the ICB Job Vacancy Portal.
Offers and Discounts
Save money with ICBenefits and get preferential rates on products and service offered by ICB partners.
Further Benefits for Member in Practice
- ICB Logo – Can be displayed on your website, stationary and promotion materials.
- Practice Directory – You will be listed on the ICB website promoting your practice and licence for potential clients.
- AML Supervision – Supervision as legally required by Money Laundering Regulations (MLR).
- AML Software – Enables you to carry out due diligence checks and risk assessments for clients.
- Marketing materials – Customisable stationary and promotional items
- Insurance – Professional Indemnity Insurance tailored to your ICB Practice
- AML Guidance – Specialist telephone support and an online resource library
- Business Support – Exclusive web content is available to help you set up, develop and run your business.