About the course
About the IAB
The IAB is one of the most prestigious not-for-profit organisations for professional bookkeepers in the world, having over 10,000 members across 60 countries. They are the leading awarding and supervisory body for professional bookkeepers in the UK and have been promoting the professional status of bookkeepers for 40 years.
The IAB offer extensive financial qualifications which are accredited by Ofqual, support thousands of members and have paved the way for new bookkeeping apprenticeships and mentoring initiatives.
• Learn more about the invaluable Sage software with the latest Sage 50 Accounts Professional (included with the course)
• Study the best ways to set up new companies, learn to protect and restore your data.
• Get efficient by utilising batch entry for customers, suppliers and purchases
• Understand how to set up Tax Codes
• Gain confidence to deal with all aspects of looking after bank accounts and transactions.
We provide you with tutor support throughout your 12-month course access period. Your tutor will be available to you 24/7 and can provide guidance through the course and professional advice to help you through any potential issue you may come across. The tutor support is provided so we can ensure you have the best chance of passing your examinations.
IAB Membership Benefits
Gain More Status
- Use the IAB’s designatory letters after your name to elevate your status to a professional level within the bookkeeping industry
- Upgrade skills by continuing professional development through seminars and online modules
- Registered members are supervised in practice under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007
Gain More Time
- Best practice advice
- Money-saving discounts and privileges across countless products and services, including preferential rates for professional indemnity insurance and tax investigation insurance
Gain More Support
- Practical Insight offering new ways to efficiently run your business, providing information to help you keep up to date with bookkeeping, accounting and payroll related matters
- One-to-one support from a team of experienced members
- Online resources through your online membership portal