About the course
- Includes 18 lectures, over an hour of video content and engaging tutorials.
- Learn how to apply simple rules that will significantly improve your fiction and storytelling.
- Teaching you how to write clear prose that flows, providing an enjoyable experience for the reader.
- Learn how to use adjectives and adverbs, active and passive voices and special punctuation.
- A tool for budding writers wanting to create proactive page turners, stunning prose and captivating stories.
This Writing for Beginners Course has been created to help new writers write stories that flow and vastly improve their storytelling techniques. Learn how to effectively use active and passive voices, adjectives and adverbs and special punctuation. It will also cover how to avoid cliches and vague writing and how to keep the reader turning pages.
This course has been created for budding writers and novelists who want to significantly improve their writing skills. If you struggle with punctuation, phrasing and word choice; this course will provide the tuition to develop your skills and avoid stale or cliched writing. Learn how to create captivating stories and stunning prose.
Jim Bruce, your course teacher, writes primarily in the science fiction genre. He is fascinated with the possibilities that this type of fiction brings and the craft of writing. Curiosity is the spur that drives him on to create, not just fiction, but political comment, music and poetry.
Adjectives, Adverbs, Voice and Punctuation
Adjectives and Adverbs
Active vs Passive Voice
Words and Numbers
How To Write Numbers
Unnecessary and Fancy Words
Overgeneralizations, Overused Words and Interjections
Absolutes and Overgeneralizations
Cliches and Overused Words
Coordinating Conjunctions, Prose and Editing
Vague Writing and Initial Coordinating Conjunctions
Variety In Prose
Conclusion and Editing Tips
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course