About the course
Yoga: Online Yoga Course for Beginners
FULLY ACCREDITED YOGA DIPLOMA
Yoga Online: Online Yoga Course for Beginners
This yoga course is fully accredited by a globally recognized CPD body, the Continuing Professional Development Standards Agency.
Taking this yoga course will give you the opportunity to gain a diploma signifying formal certification for 10 hours of CPD credit.
Please note, accreditation is optional. It is by no means compulsory, or a prerequisite for taking the course. Degree requirements vary based on the position you pursue and the area in which you reside or work. Should you wish to opt for accreditation and the diploma, full details and directions will be given at the end of the course.
The most unique thing about our online yoga course for beginners, is that we offer an exclusive support service to Udemy students. On enrolment, you'll be given access to a fully supported learning experience which extends to personal support via email with the course creator, Libby Seery.
As previously stated, this is a bespoke service available to Udemy students only. Equally though, this course is easy to follow and makes learning yoga easy and enjoyable!
This online yoga course: yoga for beginners, is self paced and offers you complete flexibility. Choose to study at a time and place that suits you, safe in the knowledge that help is always at hand.
Although it has been created for beginners, we believe that everyone will find this online yoga course: yoga for beginners beneficial.
The course is structured and carefully crafted so that you can start with the basics of yoga and progress at your own speed.
You'll learn the terms of yoga and be introduced to a range of movements and poses, designed to bring you an enormous amount of health and well-being benefits.
Although some people prefer to practice using a yoga mat, this is not essential. In fact, you need nothing more than a shirt and shorts to get started - whatever you prefer to wear is just fine, just make sure you can move freely and are not restricted.
This online yoga course: yoga for beginners, contains a number of guided classes as well as encouraging you to compose your own bespoke yoga sequences, as you progress and become more confident. This will help keep you stimulated and motivated to adopt yoga as part of your routine.
Online Yoga Course: Yoga for Beginners Course Syllabus:
Section 1 – Introduction to Yoga
1.1. What is Yoga
1.2 The Sutra – A Philosophical Guide for Yoga
1.3 Types of Yoga
1.4 What Do I Need to Practice Yoga
1.5 Yoga and Spirituality
Section 2 – Yoga Positives
2.1 Reasons to Try Yoga
2.2 Physical Benefits of Practicing Yoga
Section 3 – Before You Begin
3.1 The Best Time to Practice Yoga
3.2 Seven Primary Movements of Yoga
3.3. What Does a Yoga Session Include
3.4 Things to Note Before Starting Yoga Exercises
Section 4 – Yoga Essentials
4.1 Introduction to Yoga Essentials
4.2 Corpse Pose
4.3 Performing The Corpse Pose
4.4 Meditation for Breathing Awareness
4.5 Meditation: Method 1
4.6 Meditation: Method 2
4.7 Meditation: Method 3
Section 5 – Sun Salutations
5.1 Introduction to Sun Salutations
5.2 Initial Class for Sun Salutations
5.3 Individual Postures for Sun Salutation
5.4 Sun Salutation: Method 1
5.5 Sun Salutation: Method 2
5.6 Sun Salutation: Method 3
Section 6 – Yoga Classes
6.1 Introduction to Yoga Classes
6.2 Basic Yoga Class
6.3 Seated Postures Yoga Class
6.4 Standing Postures Yoga Class
6.5 Seated and Standing Yoga Class
6.6 Inversion Yoga Class
6.7 Extended Yoga Class: Number 1
6.8 Extended Yoga Class: Number 2
Section 7 – Conclusion
7.1 Learning Conclusion
Who is the target audience?
- This online yoga course has been created for everyone that has ever had a slight interest in yoga, but has never really had an opportunity to engage in this amazing practice. No knowledge of yoga is required to benefit from this course. This course is also suited for those that have tried yoga but haven't been able to commit time to specific classes. If you are already a practicing "Yogi" or "Yogini" and have your routines down, then you would benefit more from a course for advanced Yoga Asanas.
- The course has been created with beginners in mind, but can be enjoyed equally by those who may have some experience of yoga already
- This course is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to practice yoga, but in their own time and at their own convenience
- Its also perfect for those people wanting to enjoy the benefits of yoga, without having to pay for expensive classes at a health club or gym
- In terms of equipment, you don't need anything. Although some people may prefer to practice using a yoga mat, but this is not essential and is down to preference
- As yoga is normally practiced barefoot, you don't even have to worry about special footwear. In fact, you can wear anything you choose. As long as you can move freely and are comfortable, then you're ready to go!
- The course is perfect for complete beginners and as such no previous experience is required
- The course also take the time to give you some background in relation to the history of yoga and is the perfect introduction to learning the various terms and glossary surrounding yoga. We've made it easy to understand and super enjoyable!
- Benefit from all that yoga has to offer, in just 10 minutes a day
- From the comfort of your own home, you choose when to practice without having to attend expensive classes
- You'll be able to compose your very own yoga sequences as well as enjoy our guided yoga classes
- Be able to meditate confidently and effectively
- Have an understanding of mantras and their benefit to you
- Master breathing control
- With carefully crafted classes, you'll be able to enjoy a full range of yoga poses, designed to improve flexibility and posture
- Realise an inner calm as you learn to become self and body aware
- Integrate yoga easily and effectively into your lifestyle
- Practice with confidence, knowing you are fully supported by the course instructor
- Practice a variety of Sun Salutations
- Have an understanding of the different types of yoga
- Be introduced to the Sutra and the seven movements of yoga
- Be able to perform a full range of asanas
- Guided classes include, basic, seated, standing, seated and standing combined and inversion classes