About the course
You’ve done your training and now feel you have the skills to build your passion into a business. But how do you get started? Turning a dream into a reality can be a daunting project, especially if you don’t have experience in setting up and running a business.
While most people who own and run their own companies will say how rewarding it is, they will also tell you how busy and challenging it can be. Before making any plans, you need to be as prepared as possible for what’s ahead.
The IOA understands the many fears and worries setting up a business can bring up:
- Do I have enough business knowledge?
- How will I get customers?
- What official obligations will I have?
- How could I raise funding?
- Will it work?
- Can I manage the fast paced world of social media?
Module 1: Preparation – Before you start your business
- Self-assessment. Are you an entrepreneur?
- Market Research and competition analysis
- Developing, assessing and testing your idea
- Funding – how to finance your business idea
- Availing of help
Module 2: Preparation – Introduction to Marketing
- Income sources and pricing
- Marketing, advertising, promotion
- Building your marketing and sales strategy
- Make full use of technology
Module 3: Setting up your business
- Your business structure
- Business name, brands and intellectual property
- Registering the business
Module 4: Running your business
- Budgets and cash flow
- Accounting, record keeping and taxes
- Business bank account and online banking
- Arranging finance
- Home based business
- Staff, motivation and training
Module 5: Business Plan
- What is a business plan and why do you need one?
- Sections in the business plan
- Access help to write your plan
Module 6: Launching your business
- Planning a successful business launch
- Time management and delegation
- Personal development
- Building your business network