About the course
Without marketing, even the best business idea in the world will just stand still. It takes clever and focused marketing to bring any service or product into the awareness of its target audience and show it so favourably it’s chosen over its competition.
Marketing is a broad term, encompassing many tools, strategies and approaches. Public relations, advertising, networking and sales all fall under the marketing umbrella. Approaching the promotion of your brand - your business - with a clear, precisely targeted marketing strategy is what you need to ensure success. It’s essential that before you start any promotion, you have a good grounding in the theory and principles of marketing and also how you can best apply them to your business.
We’ve specifically designed this marketing course with you and your kind of business idea in mind. In this comprehensive Marketing Course, we’ve taken the marketing principles introduced in our Starting Your Business Course and expanded and added to them. Throughout the course, we’ll teach you the essential elements to your marketing strategy and put a lot of emphasis on how to use the most up to date online marketing tools so you know how to keep the advantage over your competition.
We love to see our students following their dreams and achieving their ambitions. We’re behind you all the way. We’ve created this course to help you direct your life – to have the tools to put your vision into your reality. Get started today and step into the future that’s waiting for you.
Module 1: Marketing
- What is marketing?
- Customers needs and wants
- Marketing research
- Market research: what to look at and where to find it
- The 4 Ps – Product, Price, Place, Promotion
- Three more Ps – People, Process, Physical environment
- Product development
- Pricing strategy
- Credit and payment terms
- Promotion channels
Module 2: Your Marketing Plan
- Why have a marketing plan?
- Essential components for a marketing plan
- Sample marketing plan
Module 3: Low cost marketing techniques
- Business image
- Increase your visibility in your community
- Build a mailing list
- Business networking
Module 4: Developing your brand
- Brand identity
- Brand name and logo
- Building your brand personality
- Believe in your brand and your customers will too
Module 5: Your website
- Why do you need a website?
- Setting up a website
- Creating good content
- The copy
- Search engine optimisation, SEO
- Website analytics
- Benefits of blogging
Module 6: Social Media and Online Marketing
- What is online marketing?
- The power of social media
- Rules of engagement
- Prepare a social media marketing plan
- Manage your online presence
- How to be likeable on social media
- A picture is worth a thousand words
- Google + Business
- Email marketing
Module 7: Public Relations and Advertising
- Look for PR opportunities
- Writing an effective press release
- Radio/Press interview
- Generate newsworthy ideas
Module 8: Sales
- Sales campaigns
- Your sales pitch
- Lead generation
- Pay per click advertising (PPC) and selling online