About the course
Fed up of one time dates? Want to swap one night stands for the comfort of a committed relationship? Meeting people is hard, and it can feel like social situations are as bad as a minefield. Don't worry, though, we have developed a course for you!
In this IOA course we’ll suggest new ways to socialize and meet potential lovers and friends. You’ll understand how to naturally and comfortably start a conversation with someone you like and hold their attention.
This course is ideal for anyone who has ever despaired of meeting 'the one.' Life can be difficult, but it's so much less so if you have someone by your side who can hold your hand, help you through the stressful parts, and encourage you with a hug and a smile.
If you've struggled with the dating scene, don't feel confident in social settings, and would like to learn some tried and true tips for meeting that special someone, let us teach you!
Learn the best approaches to identifying a partner that suits you and turn dating into a stable relationship. Discover what others find attractive and what they’re really looking for in a partner. Develop the qualities that win you love and adoration!
Once in a relationship, we’ll give you tips on keeping it alive and interesting so you can enjoy a long term connection.
Module 1: Mindfulness, self-awareness and personal expectations
- An Introduction to Mindfulness
- Gaining Self-Awareness
- Exploring Personal Expectations
Module 2: Exploring attraction and compatibility
- What is Attraction- The First Impressions and The First Encounter
- Influencing Factors when Meeting a Potential Partner
- Physical Attractiveness
- Interpersonal Attraction
- How to Attract a Potential Partner
- The Stages of Love
- An Introduction to Compatibility
- How to Assess Compatibility
Module 3: Exploring options and broadening horizons
- Meeting Mr/Mrs Right
- Law of Effect
- Private, Public and Closed places
- Dating agencies
- Speed Dating
- Online Dating
- Choosing a Dating Site
- Social Media
Module 4: Taking and plunge - the first date
- Taking the Initiative
- Who asks who?
- First Date - where to go?
- Conversation starters
- What personal info should one share & taking it slowly?
- Financial matters
Module 5: Guidelines for dating
- When should sexual relations begin?
- Finding the Balance
- Initiating Sex
- Introducing your partner to family & friends
- Introducing your children to your partner
- Moving in together
Module 6: In tune with your feelings
- Understanding Your Feelings
- Intuition & Instinct
- Are you Congruent?
- The Art of Reflection
- Dealing with Negative feelings
- Self Destructive Behaviour
- Asking for Help
Module 7: The future – keeping your relationship healthy
- Making Big Decisions
- Overcoming Differences
- When to Compromise
- Supporting Each Other
- Maintaining a healthy sex life